12/14/2009

Plan b

Ryan Adams is a musical genius!  But, that has little to do with this post...

Today I woke up and got up at 6:59, turned on NPR, showered, drank green tea, packed up my kit, hit the street at 7:48, stopped at the Phreakwood for coffee, cought the bus at 8:18, worked with one of my oldest bestest friends, sometimes housemate, sometimes business partner, C. for 2 hours proofing high school geometry, took a 20 minute walk in the rain, spent an hour and a half in dental care - and they care, I am so glad(!), took another 20 minute walk in the rain, worked for another two hours, caught the 4:17 back downtown, stopped by the Phreakwood for coffee (and to complete a job for a now very happy laptop owner / yogini-waitress) and onion rings, came home and drank green tea and played my guitar while shuffling Ryan Adams music to play along with.

I go to the dentist again Wednesday to hash out and schedule my treatment plan and (thanks to a gift in the mail - very much unexpected) pay off my current (not huge but nominal) balance at said Dental Sanctuary.

I will not be a habitual cigarette smoker by the time The Big Surgery comes down - it's a promise and a fact.

Once my teeth are stabilized and prosthedontically repaired to a level of professional presentation (in my face), and I have regained articulate control of my diction, i will have more work (and thereby money) than I know what to do with - I'm sure I'll have plenty of suggestions - lol.  I owe my kids a trip to Costa Rica & I'm gonna pay up.

The degree is a question I have not yet settled on an answer for, I can finish Psych or Liberal Arts in three semesters or I could get a CPA in 2 years - education and some crossover IT kind of track are also a possibility but, I want to keep my life uncomplicated and nominally profitable with a chance for developing direct residuals - so, don't PM me about scAMway, k?  Thanks.

I've noticed that my way of interacting with people I don't has changed for the better lately, even though there's no noticeable change in the state of my smile, I've found myself doing it more, lately - but, it's nothing to post photos about...

Oh, and I want a YMCA membership - Oi!

I'm kind of concerned about how the change in oral infrastructure will affect my singing - I ain't nobody but me, but I like my voice & hope to make something good come of it soon.  I'll figure that out as the future presents itself, though.

I feel love coming my way
sense it glowing in the
strange light of these
pseudo-winter days;
making believe that spring
is just around the corner,
knowing all along
there's no holding back
the snowstorms gathering
above the great plains.

I am thankful; mindful
in my tired heart,
the gesture is so fine
as the real thing.

And I'm writing poetry (and shit) again - *sigh* - better...

I'm sleeping alone and waking up with myself - it's OK - but, sleeping alone forever isn't part of the plan.

So, yeah, Ryan Adams is a musical genius, and I'm off to play my guitar some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home