1/07/2006

A Bloody Night In the Bushes

Last night before bed I decided to have a beer, and a smoke, while listening to part of an audiobook on my Walkman...

I smoke outside - no exceptions. I don't want my chidren or company to have to endure the poisonous stink of my bad habit.

So, I went outside with my freshly opened beer (the only one I had last night) and Walkman in one hand, lit up, and leaned against the railing and smoked, and scanned for the moon which I knew was somewhere about- turning my head, and my foot slipped off the top step.

I grabbed for the railing, and it was there, as ever, and my foot twisted as it slipped and I started to fall against the railing which started to give. I heard a weird sound and the railing was gone and I was following it down into the bushes, so I got my other foot into the action and jumped as hard and high as I could up and out, over the fallen iron railing - that saved me from a broken ankle.

And I landed in, and smashed a bunch of, the bushes next to my porch - and the bushes fought back bravely, scatching like they do, and scoring an extra point by punching a hole in my left middle finger. If I flip you off today, you would see that my finger has a wound that looks like a :wink: (proper use here, Abhi? Hah!) - anyway - I stayed in the bushes for a few seconds checking for broken or bloody things, I did not spill my bear, drop my smoke, or disrupt the CD I was listening to... But I'm having trouble typing because of the bandage.

The railing seems OK - but the cement that held it in place is all busted up - it appears to have rotted - so I'll need to learn some masonry or call someone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home