10/05/2005

Little Miracles

"If miracles are not happening in your life on a daily basis, there's
something wrong."
-A Course In Miracles


I admit it, I've been going kind of bonkers - domestic servant, I - engineer, electrician, doctor, plumber, tutor, sometimes prison guard, philosopher, psychiatrist, psychologist, mentor, provider of a definition for "home" in an almost-homeless world.

I decided that I would focus on taking a vacation - focus in terms of meditation, perception, and intent - thought, emotion, and will, if you prefer. So, I did. And the miracles started happening - the first time I mentioned the possibility that I might go away for a few days, the kids acted like I had won the lotto - they were congratulating me on wanting to go on vacation. The money started doing wierd things so that it would work toward my vacation, and money appeared out of nowhere through the hand of a good friend. My X called me to say she would be in town almost exactly on the days I needed someone to be with the kids, and she wanted to know if she could spend a lot of time with them. "Sure, I said - no problem." I told her of my plans, and the child-care situation is almost completely covered.

Four days from no vacation to vacation - and the flights are booked - and now I have to wait 8 whole days until I can go!!! But, I have plenty to keep me busy.

And the best part is that I get to go to somewhere I've never been and see friends I have have not yet met in person! Today I know I am blessed.

I'm so geeked - wooooohoooo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bethie Marie said...

YES! Miracles ARE NATURAL!

Have a great vacation.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Wahoo indeed!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

yes sir! we are going to have a grand time! eastern horizons await thee!

:hugs:

Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:48:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

ahh yes.....
no mountains, black dirt, no mountains, forests, rain storms, no mountains, did I meantion NO MOUNTAINS?????
I just wish I could come with you dad!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

So great to read this after having enjoyed some of that vacation with you!!! I am so glad we got to spend some time together, though it wasn't enough. You're an interesting person, b. I look forward to some more time on a porch with you, down the road.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home