9/13/2005

This is how I feel today

I'm trapped in about 40 pounds (used to be 35, damnit) of too much me with six half-insane children and an X wife who (now that she's legally restricted (FOREVER) from having custody of said children) has suddenly grown a conscience and an unfailing internal indicator of what's BEST for them, and how I do it WRONG most of the time.

Sleep To Dream
by Fiona Apple

I tell you how I feel, but you don’t care.
I say tell me the truth, but you don’t dare.
You say love is a hell you cannot bare.
And I say gimme mine back and then go there -

for all I care.

I have never been insulted in all my life.
I could swallow the seas to wash down all this pride.
First you run like a fool just to be at my side.
And now you run like a fool, but you just run to hide,

and I can’t abide.

Don’t make it a big deal, don’t be so sensitive.
We’re not playing a game anymore, you don’t have to be so defensive.
Don’t you plead me your case, don’t bother to explain.
Don’t even show me your face, ’cuz it’s a crying shame.
Just go back to the rock from under which you came.
Take the sorrow you gave and all the stakes you claim -
And don’t forget the blame.


I got my feet on the ground and I don’t go to sleep to dream.
You got your head in the clouds and you’re not at all what you seem.
This mind, this body, and this voice cannot be stifled by your deviant ways.
So don’t forget what I told you, don’t come around, I got my own hell to raise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I love that song. What a great album.

And don't let the X get to you. From what I understand, your children are better off with you than with her. [shuts mouth]

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Hang in there.

Don't listen to the ex. She has no say anymore.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

interesting lyrics. not much of a fiona fan, but i like the words. they make a spark with me.

whew. you konw how i feel you have rescued 6 people, your children, who desperately need you. and kudos to you for doing all that you do.

:hugs:

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Isn't it great when you find a song that says exactly what you feel? Makes me feel like I am not so alone if someone else felt this way once too.

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home