9/20/2005

To The Anonymous Flamer

The following comment to my "From the Graveside Of My Marriage" post came in this morning. I want to make reasonably sure that anyone who reads my blog - either regularly or sporadically sees this becaue I'm willing to accept the possibility that I'm wrong here.

Anonymous said...
I keep reading, "Wow" and you are so strong and bla bla bla.

I'm sorry....Did you leave your 5 kids with a hooker who abused crystal meth?

First off, why 5 kids? If you don't have the ability to take care of 5 kids, you shouldn't be having that many. It isn't fair to the kids.

Second, to toss them to the wind to some coked-up hooker is really disappointing.

My mom took custody of us after my abusive father left us three kids. She had a rough time because he was her income, and he split from her. He went off and had three more kids and ended up abandoning them to some drunken deadbeat. I am so happy my mother took charge and saved us from an existence with such a miserable human being. Sometimes you have to make choices that don't fit your life, but they have to be made because of the choices you made previously. You can't just abandon those mistakes.

Even when life has you on your knees, you have to make the decisions that are right. You leaving your kids to a woman you know was evil was not very smart. You having that many kids with such a woman wasn't intelligent either.

I feel sorry for the children you abandoned. Who knows what happened to them. What man came into her life and possibly abused those kids. You were neglectful. I'm sorry, I just don't agree with the comments made here. It seems to me you made choices that were easiest for you without concern for your children.



I responded with the following comment.


Anaonymous, apparently you did not read, or could not understand the post - you were certainly willing to comment, I like receiving comments about myself and what I write - but, your comment makes no sense. I have an idea that's why you posted it anonymously.

Since I do not believe in censoring anyone's opinion, I'll leave it here - if you would like to expound or modify it, please feel free to do so.

I do however, delete spam.

anyway...

Are you aware that "Nina", who posted the comment before yours, is my oldest daughter?

ADDED NOTE:
C, who has also commented on this piece, is one of my best friends, my brother, and went through a lot of hell with me. Most of the other people who have commmented on this piece have read more than just this piece, and have been friends, acquaintances, and family - to just pop in here and blatantly disregard their opinions or comments, without even bothering to read one entire post, is, to me, a slap in the face against people I hold dear.
END OF ADDED NOTE

This post, for me, is a triumph of years of work - your reaction to your difficult life seems to have culminated in a bitter attitude toward men in general, and me in particular. Maybe some counselling would help you get past your anger.

I'm caring for my 6 children, every day, pretty much by myself - if you want to help me to be a better parent, thank you. If you want to vent your rage at someone who abandoned you, this isn't a good place to do it.


I think it's important, very important that, if you want to rip me a new asshole (and I very vell may deserve it), at least have the decency to read my entire post first - or I'll be calling you on it - because I do not tolerate ignorance in my life, and because that's who I am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read "From the graveside" for the first time. Too bad anonymous can't understand the written word. Your story is amazing. I've said before in that other place that your children are blessed to have you, their Dad, there for them.

Friday, September 23, 2005 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

I don't know you, but already I admire the way you take care of your children. God Bless you and your family...

Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home