9/19/2005

Happy National Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day!


Ahoy matey! Here be my post-modern pirate anthem - I be callin' it Sorrrry Charrrrlie. It's keel-haulin' music if I ever did write any.

If you were on yer boat, at night, guardin' yer treasure, an' you heard this a-comin' out o the fahg, I be a-knowin' yer timbers would assuredly be a-shiverin' !

I "wrote" this and recorded it in about 15 minutes after a phone call inspired me.

I used:
A Yamaha CVP-92 as a drum machine
A 1958 Gibson Les Paul through a Fender Cybertwin amp
A Rode NT-3
hypercardioid microphone run through a Boss GT-5 digital effects processor
An Akai DPS-12i digital recorder to mix
and
A PC to master.


It's loud (jangly), and is not, typically, the kind of music that I play - but, hey, we do what we do - and I had fun doing it.

Several people have asked me to post the lyrics, so I have extrapolated them from the noise, and here they are:


Sorry Charlie
by b

Sorry charlie
You pushed it one too many times
If you keep coming ‘round here
I’ll have to hurt you

I’ve seen too many things
To fear the day you go
Cusred myths and dark designs

Well, get goin’!

Five minutes, sad...
It's just twilight waiting
For you to crawl back

I’ve got another thing
I’ve got no pity not to say to you
This shit's so compromised
& I’d have to be
Deaf and whack to believe you
Dead-end flat to lead another life
to come drown in your lies

Don’t breath in
& Don’t Come back here again
Ever...

I’ve got a broken chain
And I’ve got a thousand things to say
But, it’s late
And I’m gone.

So, RIAA be damned, pirate me music all ye wants to!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chips ahoy you narly wench.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger edieraye said...

I want to see the lyrics!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home