1/04/2007

I Hit the Bottle

I opened a bottle of sparkling cider (cranberry) for my kids' dinner. It's been a really tough day here; I won't go into detail in this journal, but necessary changes are afoot, and today wasn't an easy day on that path.

So dinner. Fried chicken (deli), baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, veggie tray - and sparkling cider, which, immediately covered me (and everything close by) in sticky pink fizz the instant I popped the Painter cap. I stood up, took two steps, the ground circled, swooped up and smacked me; I landed on my left shoulder, I hit the bottle.

So... Bruised rotator cuff, sore lower back, (some of you know my woes with ~L4 and ~L5 after getting into a fight with a Lexus about 10 years ago - you shoulda seen the Lexus... Smarting hip, that icky post-impact feeling... :whine:

Anyway, I'm going to ice it and take drugs and probably drink some alcohol; as the drugs I have are not really worth calling drugs, and neither is the alcohol (4%); and then I'm just going to try to be really, really still.

2 Comments:

Blogger teresa said...

If you DO stop talking...
I'll think you've gone off to become a monk!

Hope that you're feeling better.

Friday, January 05, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger teresa said...

Bits of lyrics from the song(s) I was telling you about:

"In the clear morning view, as I lay down to muse
... ...
Let me not see your frown, for your heart is my own...
Come dry your tears, there's nothing to fear
... ...
He took her kerchief of linen so fine and he kissed her lips saying weep no more...
This lady of courage..."

I googled & came up empty. Sounded Celtic-Folk... very beautiful song.

Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home