1/27/2007

WTF? Whatever... The show must go on

My friend Steve & I have been planning a show for about a month. Yesterday, the shit totally hits the fan:

  • He gets into a fight with his girlfriend; she won't talk to him; he cancels the last practices so he can try to get her to talk to him. He is not answering his phone now. (I tried to call him 2 times, last night and this morning - his phone is OFF.)
  • The black cartridge in my printer chose to die last night. (I cannot print the show notes, lyrics, etc.,) - so, not a big deal, I'll be flying blind - and I'd really rather have the backup notes.
  • 2 pairs of kids' broken glasses.
  • Personal issues coming from several different directions via telephone and e-mail.

    The worst part is (IMO),

  • people are so used to talking to me about their problems; it seems, when I have some, nobody's around - too busy... So, the worst part is that I'm wasting time feeling a little sorry for myself.

    Fuck

    Oh, well. worst case scenario; I'll have to do the 3-hour show solo.

    Whatever - the show must go on.
  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger teresa said...

    Well, your title about sums up how I feel about "the system". I am loosing respect for the way the so called "organized" bureaucratic system operates a little more with each passing day.

    Maybe I'm just in a "junk funk".
    WTF.. F em. They are NOT my God.

    Anyway, I saw that Steve showed & I've a feeling that all went well- because you "did what you do."

    :)

    Sunday, January 28, 2007 8:25:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home