6/24/2006

Plans are funny little things...


So, for tonight I had this plan to go to the local bar / bowling alley (for those of you who have read my One and Only Smell post) there's another bar in town now where you can light up - and it has good ventilation.

So, I'm getting ready for my night out, the kids' mom is coming over to manage things, and i'm going to go see the Silent Sevens, have a beer or two, do some skank dancin', and generally have a good time.

I planned to meet my friend Steve and hang out for a couple of hours before the show - so, just before I'm ready to leave the phone rings, and it's Steve asking me if I think we can play for 20 minutes during the Sevens' set break - the scheduled opening band didn't show, and so...

After not having practiced with Steve for more than six months, having less than 2 hours to prepare, and spending much of that time fighting with my old Les Paul, which is having some intonation issues - we showed up and did it.

The two of us - me on a borrowed guitar and piano, and Steve on the band's drums, we played for exactly an hour - I had to do all the talking, because the drummer wasn't mic'd - and we just made it up as we went along - they didn't throw any food or beer bottles at us, and I got a 1$ tip from some drunk guy in the audience who perservered through the crowd, almost wiping out a table, to throw the money on the piano I was playing at the time.

I'm too tired to worry about the pictures - I don't think they turned out well, and I don't really care - I had a completely unplanned BLAST tonight - and just thought I'd tell you all.

Goodnight.

Namaste
-b

5 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

I love the picture dad. I'm glad you had a good time.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesum, what Nina said.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 2:52:00 AM  
Blogger sexwithgod said...

well it wasnt exactly 2 years.. there was that one time way back in the day when christopher came to town and you all three screwed around for a few hours over at steves place... :)


im glad you guys took advantage of such an odd situation and did something so spontanieous. and the picture is wonderful!

now that you have a taste: will you be playing out more often? you know, the stage is sort of a drug, sort of a girlfriend. not that you need more women in your life, lol.

either way rock on brother. peace and peasout. -c

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

again, i cannot find you on myspace folofol. the net lingo, not the food item.

sorry to post this in the wrong place, but here i am.

heres my personal page there, and here is my music page there. an mp3 is available but you have already heard it.

seriously, i miss you, steve, and your awesome children. whatever the setting, kind hearts will shine. you are all beacons in the void, i love you.

Friday, June 30, 2006 2:23:00 AM  
Blogger ::Zissy:: said...

sounds like a night you needed in more ways than one. :)

Thank you for sharing this good time.

Hugs, Zissy

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home