6/14/2006

Virgin River Hike

My friends Chris, Toni, and I took a short hike today near the Virgin River. Here is a slide show.

I'm not in the pictures because I took them...



*edit* A note on the greening of southern UT

The lack of green really makes it difficult for me to stay here - I grew up in Michigan, have lived here for 2 years, and cannot get over 'green withdrawal.' The only reason this place is accessible to the mass growth it has experienced is the terraforming - turn off the water, and the place would shrivel up and revert to desert in a month.

Much of the green I shot on the walk today had a lot to do with seepage from septic leech fields in the houses that have been (and are very quickly being) built along the eastern edge of the river valley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home