7/17/2006

To that guy's wife who couldn't get a job at a tanning salon because she didn't look like that Lohan woman.

It never ceases to amaze me that real people are surprised when they can't get jobs in places where becoming unreal is the bottom line of business.

In the case of tanning, people tan to make themselves look more attractive by pouring radiation into their skin, to look like they really don't look, to appear to take the time to be out in nature, under the sun, having fun, living the 'good life'- which, if they were doing all that, would be really cool, but they don't do that - they slave, and keep themselves planted in non-oudoorsy situations - behind their desks or in front of their television sets, and go fast-tan to provide the illusion of a different lifestyle (to themselves, as much, in not more so, than to others.) Why? Because tan is "good", and pale is "bad." We are taught not to accept ourselves without modification - these modifications have almost nothing to do with health and happiness, but they are a cultural priority. People will risk skin cancer, and FSM knows what all to be accepted - but, generally refuse to take any risks at all to express who they truly are.

I'm not thin & muscly - I'm almost 41 years old, 15 pounds overweight, and have a moderately disproportionate muscle mass because I don't work out. But, I can play a 22 pound guitar for four hours straight - that's me, I could pump iron & fry on a tanning bed, too - but, how many of those folks could trade places with me and be functional at it? What I'm saying is that nobody in their right mind would hire me to be a poof-boy for a tanning salon! If I were offered a job at one of those horrid places, I would only take it if the other choice was at a fast-food restaraunt.

I think you're right - boycott the place, they suck - they all suck - they're all about taking your money and giving you physical, psychological, and emotional poison in return.

Those tanning-bed beauties

will be lining up at clinics to get

Basal Cell Carsinomas and

shit like this cut out of their bodies before all is said and done - screaming and suing and agonizing over the failure of their investment in poison - and who will be the "beautiful people" then?

You show me somebody who is overweight with a good attitude and joy in their life, and someone who is living physically and emotionally ravaged by their own self abuse, and I know who I'm gonna pick for beautiful.

Maybe this has been a good thing - maybe it's an eye-opener for you, your family, and your friends to find a healthier lifestyle, eh wot? I don't know, I'm just offering ideas and opinions here - you can always point at me and say "Hey, you self-righteous motherfucker, you smoke cigarettes and drink beer, and puff the ganja when you have the time and inclination! Who the HELL do you think you are?" Well, I'm me, and I really love my life, even the tough bits, and I'm learning how to treat myself well, even if I'm not perfect at it yet (hah! like, ever.)

And if your wife loves herself, and you love her, and she loves you, and you love you - well, hey, that's what matters.

You wanna tan? Go the beach! If she wants a job, well, maybe choosing something she loves, seeking it out, imagining and manifesting that is, in the long-run, an idea that's so much better, it makes the radiaion-poison business pale by comparison.

So, like I said, take it or leave it - I think you should be proud and happy with who you are - you seem pretty cool to me.

Peace
-b

1 Comments:

Blogger sexwithgod said...

I would like to note a synonymical (lol, synoptic?) experiance.

While atempting to become a proffesional piercer, beggining as a piercer's apprentice first of course, I have been comletely disregarded by every person in said business, it is a uniform but unspoken response. From piercers, tatoo artists and clientel alike:

"You are not alternative, hip, cool, retro, tatooed or facially pierced enough to hang out with us. Get lost 'guy with most of his skin unpainted and intact'."

i.e. this here original post: To me, who couldn't get a job as a piercer because I don't look like The (fucking) Lizard Man:"

can I get a resounding Hell Yea on what B said:
"It never ceases to amaze me that real people are surprised when they can't get jobs in places where becoming unreal is the bottom line of business."

Whether the place of business is a place where they attempt to manufacture media inspored beauty, or conversly where they try to make you unique and socially different (in a mostly socially accepted way please note), you still ahve to embody the stereotype they push on their clients if you wnat to f-ing work there.

Plus, there are 3 things never to be trusted:

1) anyone who calls themselves an 'Agent'. FBI, Airplane ticket/hotel vendors, sports/ casting/ press 'agents', real estate, Orange, the Matrix type, and yes, even those calling themselves- 'special...'

2) cops who are posing as dealers who have said "no" when asked if they were cops, even if it happened 3 times. lol.

3) anyplace utillizing the titles Parlor or Salon. beauty, tanning, tatoo, funeral, games, etc. et al.

thank you, Mr. B.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home