1/30/2007

Parent Rage

This morning, like every morning, I woke the older kids at 5:30, and went back to bed until 7 AM.

This morning, like every morening, my oldest daughter didn't get up until 7 (she has an alarm clock which, I think, she has, unplugged); her ride showed up at 7:10 (pretty much like every morning) and she got ready while they sat in their car and waited (and honked, and stared in through the dining room window) until 7:25.

She goes to a high school for the performing arts; it's a charter school (no transportation) about 20 miles outside of town. I don't drive (bad vision), and she probably won't be driving either anytime soon (same reason.)

I am furious at the casuality with which she uses these people. I can't, for the life of me, understand why someone would keep coming here, day after day after week, while she disrespects the offer of a ride which she desperately needs to get to school; when, if, for some reason (sickness, whatever- and it's a rare occurrence), her ride doesn't show up, she freaks out and feels slighted.

This morning, (AFTER I typed my response to Rose's journal) I lost it - and told her how awful I felt she was treating the only ride she could find to school. She started yelling at me to leave her alone. I told her she was being selfish and a user, and I didn't think it was right she should, on a daily basis, make them sit out there and wait.

Are they stupid? Why do they come every day, knowing she won't be ready? I don't get it.

So, for all my good intentions dealing with uncaring teenagers, I guess I have my own rage to deal with.

2 Comments:

Blogger teresa said...

Perhaps one of my ANGER MANAGEMENT-
classes~ "Managing Emotions Under Pressure.

;) It will pass.

((((((( hug )))))))

Saturday, February 03, 2007 5:54:00 AM  
Blogger supergirlest said...

ah, the bliss of teenage years. i remember them so well. if it's of any consolation, i was fairly self-centered as a teen and i turned out ok. hopefully, it is just a typical teenybopper phase. i'm sure it is.

Are they stupid? Why do they come every day, knowing she won't be ready? I don't get it.

she must be REALLY REALLY cool!

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home