7/13/2005

Harry is coming! amazon.com can ...



Go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.


Back on January 6, 2005, I placed my order for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, to be released on July 16, 2005.

Sometime in May I checked to make sure everything was still there - and a surprise was mine. Amazon told me that, if I ordered before July 11, 2005, I would be GAURANTEED delivery by July 16, 2005, or the book would be FREE (I would still have to pay the shipping.)

I even have an order tracking status page!! Wow!

Woohoo! FREE! So, today I get this e-mail:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're happy to let you know that we've begun preparing your order for
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" for delivery.

We're working hard to make sure you get your order as quickly as
possible. However, please note that we can't guarantee that your
book(s) will be delivered on July 16.

You'll receive our usual shipment confirmation e-mail after your package
leaves our fulfillment center.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and happy reading!


And, of course, there is no longer ANY information about their PROMISE to deliver on time or to refund the cost of the book - I'm still going to relish every word that J. K. Rowling has so lovingly written, but Amazon.com can go fuck themselves for ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger sexwithgod said...

i say old chap, amazon dot com are bloddy mogs. fans are slans! sue.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home